A welcome change: a list of website updates
You’ve probably noticed some changes around here over the last several weeks. Five years ago our office rebranded and redesigned our website. As traffic to our site increased and website content grew, we felt it was time to add new functionality to improve the user experience. The following is a list of some of the updates:
- Mobile Scaling: zooming (pinching and dragging) has been enabled for the mobile site;
- Page Load Speed: the time for pages to load has increased in speed;
- Report Loading Time: the search functionality for Reports has increased in speed;
- Accessibility: labels have been added to some form elements to make it easier for screen readers for the visually impaired.
- View More Button: clicking this allows the user to view nine more items under the What’s New? section;
- Featured Resources: this new section features 12 of our most popular resources;
- Email Notification: users can now sign up for email notification when new reports, resources, blogs and events are available;
- YouTube Link: this link has been added to our header and takes you directly to our YouTube channel.
- Directory: all resources, including webinars and forms, have been moved to one directory and listed in alphabetical order for ease of reference;
- Filters: resources can now be filtered by a number of tags and a search function which work together to help users narrow down their search.
Legislation Menu Drop Down
The selections in this drop down have changed and now include the following:
- FOIP: a selection that includes links to the Act and Regulations, proposed amendments (when applicable), FOIP Forms, and the IPC Guide to FOIP;
- LA FOIP: a selection that includes links to the Act and Regulations, proposed amendments (when applicable), LA FOIP Forms, and the IPC Guide to LA FOIP;
- HIPA: a selection that includes links to the Act and Regulations, proposed amendments (when applicable), HIPA Forms, and the IPC Guide to HIPA;
- Court Cases: we have split the tables into subpages instead of accordion folders for easier use on mobile devices;
- The Rules of Procedure: again, the accordion folders were removed for easier use on mobile devices.
We encourage you to have a look around and check out the new features. The goal was to make our website easy to use, easy to understand and easy to navigate. We hope these updates have accomplished that.